CELL LINE PRODUCTS
Eukaryotic cell lines are essential tools for the research, development, and production of biological drugs and medicines. In this context Tentamus Pharma & Med Deutschland has established a platform to generate cell lines derived from primary tissues resulting in authenticated cell lines being tested free from microbial and viral contamination.
CHIC Clone collection
Eggs from selected pathogen-free white Leghorn chickens were used as starting material for the production of epithelial chicken cell lines. Cells were isolated from the intestinal tract (intestine and cecum) of 18-day-old embryonic chickens and subsequently subjected to a specific procedure of growth factor treatment and limiting dilution cloning.
As result we succeeded in isolating more than 240 indigenous, continuously growing clones, which – according to microscopic classification – represent at least 5 different morphotypes. a number of 12 clones were further characterized with special regard to their epithelial character using biochemical and immunological methods. CHIC clone 8E11 is the most prominent representative.
Applications of the CHIC Clone cells
- Infection and inhibition (susceptibility) tests to Campylobacter and Salmonella strains
- Expression of recombinant proteins upon transfection / infection
- Production of viral particles (e.g. influenza)
Buy a cell line
If you are interested in a cell line, just write to us on our contact page. We will prepare an offer with controlled shipment of the product.
- Khan MM, Kolenda R, Schierack P, Weinreich J, Rödiger S, Schierack J, Stubbe M, Lkhagvasuren D, Guenther S, Schaufler K. Investigation of Commensal Escherichia coli Populations of Cormorant Hatchlings in the Absence of Anthropogenic Impacts in Remote Areas of West Mongolia. Microorganisms. 2021 Feb 12;9(2):372. doi: 10.3390/microorganisms9020372. PMID: 33673351; PMCID: PMC7917637.
- Ali A, Kolenda R, Khan MM, Weinreich J, Li G, Wieler LH, Tedin K, Roggenbuck D, Schierack P. Novel Avian Pathogenic Escherichia coli Genes Responsible for Adhesion to Chicken and Human Cell Lines. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2020 Oct 1;86(20):e01068-20. doi: 10.1128/AEM.01068 – 20. PMID: 32769194; PMCID: PMC7531953.
- Han X, Bertzbach LD, Veit M. Mimicking the passage of avian influenza viruses through the gastrointestinal tract of chickens. Vet Microbiol. 2019 Dec;239:108462. doi: 10.1016/j.vetmic.2019.108462. Epub 2019 Oct 18. PMID: 31767100; PMCID: PMC7126190.
- Pascoe B, Williams LK, Calland JK, Meric G, Hitchings MD, Dyer M, Ryder J, Shaw S, Lopes BS, Chintoan-Uta C, Allan E, Vidal A, Fearnley C, Everest P, Pachebat JA, Cogan TA, Stevens MP, Humphrey TJ, Wilkinson TS, Cody AJ, Colles FM, Jolley KA, Maiden MCJ, Strachan N, Pearson BM, Linton D, Wren BW, Parkhill J, Kelly DJ, van Vliet AHM, Forbes KJ, Sheppard SK. Domestication of Campylobacter jejuni NCTC 11168. Microb Genom. 2019 Jul;5(7):e000279. doi: 10.1099/mgen.0.000279. Epub 2019 Jul 16. PMID: 31310201; PMCID: PMC6700657.
- Kim WH, Lillehoj HS, Min W. Indole Treatment Alleviates Intestinal Tissue Damage Induced by Chicken Coccidiosis Through Activation of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor. Front Immunol. 2019 Mar 26;10:560. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2019.00560. PMID: 30972060; PMCID: PMC6443889.
- John DA, Williams LK, Kanamarlapudi V, Humphrey TJ, Wilkinson TS. The Bacterial Species Campylobacter jejuni Induce Diverse Innate Immune Responses in Human and Avian Intestinal Epithelial Cells. Front Microbiol. 2017 Sep 29;8:1840. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2017.01840. PMID: 29033908; PMCID: PMC5626877.